Wills and Probate Hampshire

We have a dedicated team who can advise on many aspects of wills and probate and provide advice in planning your estate. This is one of the most important things you'll do in life, yet surprisingly many people neglect to make a will. Of the people who do leave a will, many fail to pay full attention to the finer points of their bequests, which again can cause problems for the loved ones they leave behind

Lewis and Dick offer advice on Wills and Probate for our clients throughout Hampshire. In particular Borden, Liss, Liphook, Midhurst, Alton, Farnham, Aldershot, Haslemere, Godalming, Guildford, Petersfield and surrounding areas, Along with this we offer Powers of Attorney, family and business law advice.

If you want to get it right, come and have a chat, as it is very important that your property and possessions are left to the person of your choice. If not, the above scenario or worse could play out and the Government may benefit at the expense of your loved ones. When creating a Will it is important that you have quaified freindly Solicitors that specialise in drawing up the right Will.

We will take your instructions to ensure that the right people are taken care of, and where appropriate, advise on minimising the burden of inheritance tax.

Will Registration

We are members of the Certainty National Will Register and can arrange for your Will to be stored at our offices and registered on the National database if you wishFollow this link if you would like more information about Certainty.


When someone dies, you may be able to apply for a ‘grant of representation’. This gives you the legal right to deal with the person’s property, money and possessions (their ‘estate’). The right to deal with the estate of someone who’s died is called ‘probate’.

If you act as the executor of a Will you are personally liable for how you deal with the estate. In view of this it is important that you take legal advice. Our fees will be based on the value of the estate and the amount of work involved, and will usually be paid from the estate.


If a relative or friend dies without leaving a will, we can guide you through the process of dealing with that person's estate.

Deputyships (previously Receiverships) 

If a family member becomes incapable of managing their own affairs and there is no Power of Attorney in place, it may be necessary to apply to the Court to appoint a Deputy (previously a Receiver) to act on their behalf.

We can guide you through this application process and we will provide advice on the various duties imposed by the Court when you become a Deputy. Alternatively, we can act as professional Deputies should there be no one available to fulfill this role.

 Further information

We have leaflets providing further information for you on the above entitled "Making a Will - providing for the future", "Lasting Power of Attorney" & "Duties of a Personal Representative"Please get in touch if you would like us to send you any of these leaflets for your further information.


James Winfield     

Head of Department

Hampshire Office

01428 727586